WORK WITH US...
- Acute In patient specialties
- Band 6
- Full-Time: 37.5 Hours per week
- Any site
- £26,565 to £35,577 per annum - Pay Award Pending
- 25/06/2018 23:59
Paediatric and Neurosurgery rotation
An opportunity has arisen for physiotherapists with proven clinical skills to join the paediatric and neuro-surgery physiotherapy team at Hull and East Yorkshire NHS Trust as a Band 6 Physiotherapist.
Available is a full time role at 37.5 hours per week based within the neurosurgical and paediatric physiotherapy department at Hull Royal Infirmary. You will rotate yearly between the 2 departments opposite another band 6 in the same role. The post will involve working as part of a seven-day working rota
- This role will provide the opportunity to develop your skills to enable you to manage the service for children with cerebral palsy undergoing surgery or botox, working alongside experienced band 7’s.
- Participating in combined clinics with consultants making joint decisions regarding whether children with cerebral palsy require surgery/botox.
- Planning of surgery to be undertaken in relation to capacity of staff.
- Providing pre-op assessments, in patient and out-patient treatment sessions, school visit and joint assessments with the orthotist and community physio
During the neurosurgery element of the rotation you will be involved in the provision of the following services:
- Critical Care management of Neurosurgical patients including traumatic brain injury and Spinal Cord Injury, involving respiratory management and rehabilitation.
- Pre and Post-operative management of elective and trauma neurosurgical patients across the neurosurgical inpatient wards.
- Management of the Non orthopaedic patients within the Major Trauma Unit
- Delivery of the Physiotherapy led Spinal Fracture pathway – specifically; fitting of orthoses, outpatient follow up of fracture patients, weekly meetings with Neurosurgical Consultant to discuss patient progression.
- Delivery of the Physiotherapy led telephone follow up service for elective spinal patients on behalf of the Consultant team with support from the Clinical Lead Physiotherapist.
- Delivery of the physiotherapy element of the preoperative assessment for elective neurosurgery patients
You will have the opportunity to develop your skills by the appraisal and supervision of junior staff and students, and will be involved in the delivery of in-service training programmes for physiotherapy staff.
You will also have the opportunity to be involved in service development projects as part of an innovative multi-disciplinary team constantly seeking to improve pathways and ways of working.
The post is supported by experienced clinical specialist staff.
The posts would suit Band 5 physiotherapists ready to accept the challenge of a Band 6 role or established Band 6’s with an interest in consolidating their paediatric and neurosurgery knowledge and skills.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Nicky Gilchrist Physiotherapy Manager HRI (In Patients) on 01482-675099 or e:mail Nicola.Gilchrist@hey.nhs.uk