WORK WITH US...
- This post is only open to internal applicants.
- Band 8c
- Full Time 37.5 Hours per Week
- Hull Royal Infirmary
- £56,665 - £69,168 per annum
- 04/06/2018 23:59
An exciting development opportunity has arisen in the Chief Executive’s department for an individual to take the role of Director of Corporate Affairs on a short-term secondment basis.
The role provides the opportunity for the individual to gain experience as part of the Trust’s executive team, with a portfolio that includes:
- Corporate governance – supporting and advising the Trust Board to ensure it meets its legislative and regulatory duties; supporting the Chief Executive in fulfilling their Accountable Officer duties in respect of good corporate governance and maintaining the highest standards of probity in the Trust; advising and supporting the Trust Board in relation to strategic risk management through the Board Assurance Framework and taking the role of Trust Secretary, advising and supporting the Trust Board’s Committee meetings
- Freedom to Speak Up Guardian – supporting staff to raise concerns within the Trust in respect of staff behaviour and patient safety, and championing an open and honest culture within the Trust
- Duties in respect of Information Governance – taking the role of Data Protection Officer for the organisation and reporting assurance and compliance issues to the Trust Board
- Working closely with the Quality Governance and Compliance teams on risk management and assurance arrangements within the Trust
- Managing the Trust’s secretariat
- Participation in the Trust’s Director on-call rota
The secondment is for a fixed period from 11 June 2018 – 16 September 2018, to cover a short-term career break planned by the substantive post-holder. There will be the opportunity for a full handover and shadowing opportunities prior to the start date.
This secondment would provide excellent insight and experience to a colleague wishing to gain experience at Director level in the Trust, who wishes to expand their skills portfolio as well as provide valuable cover to a key role within the Trust. The individual would need to be able to be released from their role on a full- or part-time basis for the 14-week secondment period.
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Enquiries about undertaking the role part-time or on a job-share basis welcomed. Interested colleagues should complete the standard job application form and selection for the post will be through a standard interview process.
For informal queries contact Carla Ramsay, Director of Corporate Affairs on HRI x4920
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01482 468400