WORK WITH US...
- Band 5
- Full-time or Part-time
- Hull Royal Infirmary
- £24,214 - £30,112 PA**
- 19/09/2019 23:59
The Department of Medical Elderly (DME) needs staff nurses to join our innovative, friendly, care driven multidisciplinary team.
We welcome both newly registered and experienced nurses to join our fantastic, award winning team
We are a department like no other; our specialty is the whole of medicine, holistic in its approach and person centred in its delivery.
- A FIT Team (Frailty Intervention Team) working within Elderly Medicine to provide DME care at the front door
- An Elderly Assessment Unit (EAU) providing an acute multidisciplinary input at the beginning of the patient journey.
- 3 base wards (H8,9,90) providing acute medical care for patients who need to stay in hospital.
- Progression to Discharge Unit (PDU) facilitating a unique approach to discharge from hospital
- Speciality outpatient services running virtual and face to face clinics
- Orthogeriatrics working alongside orthopaedic surgical team
- A DME teacher trainer
- Senior Matron and Business Manager actually based in the department
- Specialist Dementia leads.
We provide care for over 130 patients daily with a mixture of medical conditions to care for, where true holistic care is delivered. We piece together the puzzle and look at the whole picture.
We perform in the top 5 nationally (against peer) for length of stay. We don’t keep our patients in hospital more than necessary because for every day in bed 5% muscle strength is lost. We actively work towards “get up keep moving” remembering the “last 1000 days”
We will utilise your current knowledge and skills and equip you with ours. Preceptorships are provided to everyone joining our team tailored to your needs and bespoke to ours.
For more information please contact
**Salary Reflects Year 2 of 3 Year NHS Pay Deal
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Senior Matron Stacey Healand 674131 we look forward to meeting you