WORK WITH US...
Consultant in Emergency Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Full Time
- Hull Royal Infirmary
- £79,860 - £107,668 Per Annum
- 30/09/2020 23:59
Applications are invited for the post of Consultant in Emergency Medicine. This post would be suitable for someone on the GMC Specialist Register, or within 6 months of CCT. The successful applicant would join a team of 18 consultants in Hull.
The Emergency Department is situated at Hull Royal Infirmary. The ED in Hull is an accredited Major Trauma Centre for adults and a Trauma Unit for children. It is classified as a Large ED, seeing more than 139,000 attendances per annum. It serves the whole of the Hull and East Riding catchment area as well as some parts of North Lincolnshire.
The department has excellent facilities including:
• A ten bay adult resus with individual glass fronted bays, identically equipped and same handed with new equipment throughout.
• A newly built, dedicated children’s area with two resuscitation rooms, 7 glass fronted cubicles and a separate waiting area.
• A large open plan majors area with 24 glass fronted bays and five monitored rooms.
• An in-department spiral CT scanner to facilitate rapid diagnosis of a range of conditions, with excellent time to CT (habitually the best in TARN)
• In-situ simulation exercises
Recent GIRFT visit had praised our capacity, infrastructure, cleanliness and attention to detail.
The ED in Hull has seen a great deal of investment and support in the last few years. Our nurse staffing is in line with NICE recommendations, there is a vibrant quality improvement programme and departmental morale is really good. We have improved metrics in training reports, patients surveys, complaints and incidents. It would be a great time to join us.
Give us a call (01482-816673), come visit us! Follow us on Twitter @EmergencyHull
This post will attract relocation expenses under the Trust’s policy.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Mr Ben Rayner
- Additional information
Mr Ben Rayner, Clinical Director for Emergency Medicine on (01482) 816673