WORK WITH US...
- Specialty Doctor in Emergency Medicine
- NHS Medical & Dental: Specialty Doctor
- 10 PA's
- Hull Royal Infirmary
- £40,037 - £74,661 per annum
- 03/11/2019 23:59
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Emergency Department as we implement new Specialty Doctor posts.
The Emergency Department is situated at Hull Royal Infirmary. The ED in Hull is an accredited major trauma receiving hospital for adults and a Trauma Unit for children. It is one of the largest in the UK seeing more than 142,000 new attenders per annum. It serves the whole of the Hull and East Riding catchment area as well as parts of the North Sea.
The department has excellent facilities including:-
- A ten bay resus with individual glass fronted bays, identically equipped and same handed with new equipment throughout.
- A newly built, dedicated children’s area with two resuscitation rooms, glass fronted cubicles and a separate waiting area.
- A large open plan majors area with 24 glass fronted bays and five monitored rooms.
- An in-department spiral CT scanner to facilitate rapid diagnosis of a range of conditions, with excellent time to CT (habitually the best in TARN)
The ED in Hull has seen a great deal of investment and support in the last few years. Our nurse staffing is in line with NICE recommendations, there is a vibrant quality improvement programme and departmental morale is excellent. Our CQC rating is good, we have improved metrics in training reports, patients surveys, complaints and incidents. It would be a great time to join us.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Dr Biju Cherian, ED Consultant and Clinical Lead Emergency Department, Hull Royal Infirmary, Tel: 01482 816673, Biju.firstname.lastname@example.org